While the weather is not being agreeable for us to go fishing, we are getting some of our "honey do" items taken care of. Chip and John are helping our neighbor's son Chris refurbish his Sailfish boat, which needed to have holes repaired, as well as the entire boat needed to be filled, sanded, primed and painted. While helping with that project Chip and I started our own, refinishing the teak cover boards on the transom of our own boat. I took off all the hardware putting all of the screws in a cup then placing it with the rod holders and rub rails in the live well (so I don't lose track of them), then I taped off around the area he was going to work on. Chip followed behind me with a sander. By dinner we had two coats of varnish on, and the guys had the first coat of primer on Chris's boat as well.
**I would like to stop here and say that starting the varnishing job on our boat is all Glen's fault. See, Glen & Jeri have friends down here that started varnishing their teak a few days ago, Glen got the varnish "bug" and started on his....well this of course inspired Chip to want to do his teak! My plans were to lounge in the sun today and read, but nooooooo, that was all changed once Glen showed up and took Chip down to his boat to show him how nice his teak is turning out! Gee, thanks Glen!
Not exactly a fun day, but a productive one.
Will Linda get to lounge in the sun tomorrow you ask? Of course not! I will be polishing the bow rails and any other stainless I find around the outside of the boat while Chip applies more coats of varnish.
Whats next? My putting on a wetsuit and going under the boat to clean the bottom?? (Which is what Jeri has offered to do for Glen...) Sorry, but I draw the line there after seeing that Moray Eel a couple days ago right down the dock!
This doesn't make for very exciting reading, but in case you need help falling asleep......I got you covered!

No comments:
Post a Comment