Friday 3/13/09 Manatees!!!









A manatee stopped by the boat the other day to say goodbye I suppose, so I gave him some water and a back rub with one of our boat brushes. He loved the back rub, even rolled over to let me rub his belly as well. I have heard that you are not supposed to give them fresh water (not a health issue, "they" don't want people feeding them or giving them water because the manatees will come back again and again, and that can put them in danger.....being around boaters cause the manatees are so slow and can't always get out of the way...but....since this one was already there, I gave him a little water, how can you resist that face?? I have also added a short video of the great manatee watering!

Carrie....this is especially for you and your son!

1 comment:

SHUANG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.