Pirate Jack

Kim, Linda & Cyndi
We've been captured by pirates!
We've been captured by pirates!We met our friends Kim, Cyndi and Steve at the Palace for a cocktail after dinner at a chinese place in town. The place was packed, with fellow pirates! Kim, Cyndi and Steve (as well as Kim's hubby and 80% of their friends) are all pirates. Pretty soon we were surrounded by people hugging and raising a glass in fellowship. I was waiting for them to all say,"Arrrgghhh" in unison...too funny! Great bunch of folks. We stayed their until the wee hours of the morning, and after too many Pirate Punch's (remember those?) we staggered back to the boat. This time however I had food first, punch second.....works out better that way.
We all went to dinner at one of the Barbara Jeans restaurants. Great southern style food. Kim and I got the veggie plate which included creamy rich cheese grits, stewed tomatoes, fresh green beans, creamed spinach, and squash casserole...yummo! They bring you a basket of fresh baked bread that included pumpkin, jalapeno cornbread and rolls. For dessert we all shared a serving of freshly baked bread pudding with rum sauce and a bowl of "chocolate stuff" (that's what it is called), it's is a cross between a brownie, fudge and pudding, and topped off with homemade whipped cream. Is your mouth watering yet?? Barbara Jean has put out two cookbooks that have all of her recipes in it....Im ordering both of them!
I am posting a few pics of the pirates as well as some shots I took today of the town itself.
I'll post more tomorrow, we are going to Wicked Dave's (this was originally the town's only bordello, very old building, bar is still located upstairs just like it was in the day) to hear a band from 4 to 8.


No comments:
Post a Comment